Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches are what your tailgate has been missing
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This sloppy joe filled grilled cheese is next level delicious and super easy to make.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 slices Texas toast
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 - 4 cups shredded cheese (or more if you need it)
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or another pan) over medium-high heat and prepare with cooking spray. Add ground beer and cook with onion and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once beef is fully cooked, drain the pan of any grease.
- Add mustard, tomato paste, ketchup and brown sugar and Worcestershire to the beef, stir until well-combined and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread and place one piece of bread, butter side down, onto griddle or skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with some more shredded cheese.
- Place the other piece of bread on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned and cheese is melted.