These no bake almond butter oat bars are filled with protein and great for snacking
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These almond butter oat bars are super easy to make and the perfect back-to-school snack. Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (add more if mixture is too thick)
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate
- ¾ cup sliced almonds for topping
- Line an 8-inch square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the almond butter and coconut oil, and melt together in 30 second intervals on high power in the microwave.
- Once they're completely liquid and combined, stir in the oats. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. (If it's sticking, dip the spoon in coconut oil first). Set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate on 30 second bursts of high power, stirring after each one. Pour melted chocolate over the oat mixture, spreading it evenly with a spoon.
- Top with sliced almonds or a crumbled Heath English Toffee Bar for added sweetness.
- Pop the baking tin into the fridge to set, for about an hour.
- Cut the mixture into even squares and enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
For more healthy recipes, be sure to check out our favorite healthy lunch ideas below: