Dip these sweet potato wedges into garlic avocado aioli
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
French fries have nothing on these healthier sweet potato wedges, not to mention the avocado aioli dipping sauce! Get the recipe on this episode of Best Bites.
For sweet potato wedges:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
For garlic avocado aioli:
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges and place on a baking sheet with a rack. Cook wedges in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While wedges cook, make the aioli. Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy and well-combined. (You can add a splash of water if you need to adjust the consistency.)
- After 30 minutes of baking, remove wedges from the oven and place them in a medium bowl. Turn oven up to 425° F.
- In the bowl, combine wedges with olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place wedges back on the original baking sheet with rack and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove wedges from oven and serve with garlic avocado aioli dipping sauce.