These are the grown-up version of the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars you used to eat as a kid
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These strawberry shortcake ice cream bars are the grown-up version of the one's you used to get from the ice cream truck that circled your neighborhood.
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream (about 19 scoops)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberry sorbet (about 6 scoops)
For the cookie crust:
- 20 Golden Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the crumbled topping:
- 8-10 Golden Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
- First, line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
- Make the cookie crust: Place Golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until you make semi-fine crumbs. Add melted butter and combine. Pour cookie crust into the baking dish and press mixture into the bottom.
- Cover cookie crust with 15 scoops of vanilla ice cream and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Make the crumbled topping: Place freeze-dried strawberries into food processor and pulse to make a fine powder. Add Golden Oreo Cookies and pulse to combine. Then add melted butter and pulse again.
- Take baking dish out of the freezer and spread 6 scoops of strawberry sorbet on top of vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 10-20 minutes or until set.
- Once set, cover with another 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream and top with crumbled topping.
- Freeze dish again for 3-4 hours or until set. Once ready, cut into squares and enjoy!