How to make a grilled wedge salad that's smoky, caramelized and full of flavor
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Grilling your lettuce gives it smoky, caramelized flavor on the outside, but keeps the cool, crunchy texture you're used to on the inside.
Makes: 4 wedge salads
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat grill.
- Remove the toughest outer leaves of the cabbage and cut into 4 even-sized wedges. Light brush wedges with canola oil.
- Place cabbage wedges on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the outer edges show char marks and begin to soften.
- While cooking, mix lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, garlic, cilantro, salt and sweet chili sauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Once wedges are done cooking, take them of the grill and drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.