This breakfast salad proves it's not just a healthy meal for lunch or dinner
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
You heard that right — breakfast salad! This week, we're sharing our favorite healthy breakfast option on Best Bites.
- Mixed greens
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- ⅓ cup kimchi
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sprouted lentils
- 1 egg
- chili sauce (to taste)
- Assemble your mixed greens (as many as you'd like to fill the bowl), brown rice, kimchi, avocado and sprouted lentils in a bowl.
- Make the poached egg: Heat a pot of water until simmering (there should only be a few bubbles).
- Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin, then gently pour into water.
- Cook egg for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set.
- Remove egg from pot using a slated spoon and place on top of the salad in the bowl.
- Drizzle with chili sauce and enjoy!