You have to try this turkey burger with avocado mash and pineapple pepper relish
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Turkey burgers just got a major upgrade! Find out how to make the perfect summer burger on today's episode of Best Bites.
Servings: Makes 4 burgers
For the turkey burgers:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or rolls of your choice
For the spicy mayo:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, chopped
For the avocado mash:
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
For the pineapple pepper relish:
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
To make spicy mayo:
- Mix mayo, chipotle peppers, smoked paprika and lime juice. Mix with a spoon until combined and set aside.
To make avocado mash:
- Add avocado to a bow with lime juice and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth and set aside.
To make the pineapple pepper relish:
- Add pineapple, red and yellow peppers, fresh cilantro and lime juice to a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
To cook the turkey burgers:
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, onions, bread crumbs, parsley, red pepper flakes, egg, salt and pepper and mix with a spoon until well-combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Form the turkey mixture into four patties of equal size. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and spray it generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the burgers in the skillet and sear on each side until browned, or about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the burgers in the skillet to the oven and cook for another 15 to 17 minutes, or until they're fully cooked through
- Assemble the burgers on the burger buns with spicy mayo, avocado mash and pineapple pepper relish, and enjoy!