How to make Instant Pot BBQ ribs that are fall-off-the-bone tender
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Love tender ribs but hate waiting hours for them to cook? Use your Instant Pot to make fall-off-the-bone BBQ ribs in under an hour.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rack pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Combine garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub seasonings over both sides of ribs until well-coated.
- Place wire trivet rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour water and apple juice into Instant Pot.
- Place the ribs upright, with the meat side facing out, circled around the pot.
- Secure lid and close vent.
- Press “manual” or “pressure cook” and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 min, then turn the valve to quick release.
- Carefully remove ribs and place on a large, foil-lined baking sheet and slather them in BBQ sauce.
- To finish them off, broil them in the oven for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the bbq sauce and enjoy!