Cheers to July 4th with a red, white and blueberry Jell-O shot
Cheers to the red, white and blue! These patriotic shots are the perfect addition to any July 4th party. Check out the recipe in this episode of Cocktail of the Week.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup white rum
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1/2 watermelon
- blueberries and patriotic toothpicks for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup of water and 3 tablespoons (about three packages) of gelatin. Allow the gelatin to absorb the water.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup boiling water until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Add rum and stir in melted ice cream until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature and spoon mixture into a 13" x 9" sized baking dish. Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Slice watermelon in 1/2 inch planks. Use a 1-inch round or shaped cookie cutter to cut watermelon into shapes.
- Remove gelatin mixture from the fridge and dip pan into warm (not hot!) water for 15 seconds to loosen the gelatin.
- Use the same cookie cutter used for the watermelon to cut out gelatin shapes. Gently lift shapes out of dish.
- Place gelatin on top of watermelon so the shapes line up. Spear a blueberry to the top of each with a patriotic toothpick.