This is the ultimate homemade BBQ sauce
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Why used bottled BBQ sauce when you can make your own that's even more delicious? Learn how on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- pinch of salt
- 1 small can tomato paste
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- 4 cups whole peeled tomatoes (3 14-ounce cans)
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it's slightly browned (not burned). Add onion and salt. Stir.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Add brown sugar and stir. Add apple cider vinegar and stir. Then, add black pepper and stir. The sauce should be set to a low simmer.
- Mix in whole peeled tomatoes and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Carefully pour pot's mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use to cook right away or store in the fridge in an airtight container.