How to make a patriotic basil watermelon smash cocktail
Celebrate July 4th in style with this Basil Watermelon Smash cocktail. The star shaped apples are sure to impress any guest! Check out the recipe on this episode of Cocktail of the Week.
Servings: Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 apple
- 1 can of Sprite
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cubes of watermelon, plus watermelon to garnish
- 1/4 cup lime Juice
- ¼ ounce honey
- 2 ounces tequila
- Slice apple into ¼ inch thick round pieces. Use a cookie cutter to cut apple slices into star shapes. Soak stars in Sprite and refrigerate until use.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the basil and sugar.
- Then, add watermelon chunks and muddle.
- Add ice, lime juice, honey and tequila to shaker and shake well.
- Fill glass with ice and apple stars. Strain cocktail into glass and garnish with watermelon chunks.