Cool off and wake up with these 3 caffeinated popsicles
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Get caffeinated while you cool off with these three refreshing popsicles.
Servings: Makes 10 popsicles each
Cold Brew Pops
- 2-3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Whisk together simple syrup (amount will depend on how sweet you want it) and cold brew together and pour into popsicle molds evenly. Freeze for a few hours until set.
- When coffee layer is frozen, whisk together cream and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. (You can taste and add more sugar if needed.) Pour cream on top of the frozen coffee layer and freeze again until solid.
Blueberries 'N Cream Matcha Pops
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 tablespoons honey1 avocado
- 1 avocado
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- pinch of sea salt
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread out blueberries in a thin layer and cover with 1 tablespoon of honey. Place in oven set to 350° F and roast for 10 minutes. Once done, transfer blueberries and juices to a bowl to let cool.
- In a blender, mix avocado, coconut milk, matcha, remaining honey and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Distribute cooled blueberries into popsicle molds evenly. Top off with matcha mixture and freeze until completely solid.
Chai Tea Latte Pops
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 black tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 pistachios, chopped
- Add water, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom and black peppercorn to a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the maple syrup. Then, add tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a bowl and set aside.
- Add milk to the tea mixture and stir to combine. Evenly distribute the chai tea latte mixture into each popsicle mold. Freeze until completely solid.
- Once done drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with pistachios.