Make this pesto chicken tortellini with veggies in under 20 minutes
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This dish has it all—cheesy pasta, juicy chicken, crispy veggies, garlicky pesto sauce—and we want to eat it for every meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounces cooked tortellini
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken thighs (season with salt) and cook until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned on all sides (5-10 minutes). Remove chicken from skillet once done and set aside.
- Season asparagus with salt and add to the hot skillet with sun-dried tomatoes (no need to clean the pan). Cook until asparagus is tender or about 4-5 minutes. Once done, remove asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes from skillet and set aside.
- Add cooked chicken back to the skillet and mix with basil pesto. Coat and cook on low-medium heat to reheat the chicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off stove and add halved cherry tomatoes and cooked tortellini to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine (add more pesto and salt if desired).
- Plate chicken, cherry tomatoes and tortellini with the asparagus and sun-dried tomato mixture.