This Reese's ice cream sandwich cake is the perfect summertime treat
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This Reese's ice cream sandwich cake is the perfect summertime treat. Drizzled with chocolate, this cake is a hit at any party.
- 12 ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, warmed
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate
- 7 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- First, make merengue. In a bowl using a standing mixer, beat eggs with cream of tartar until foamy. Slowly add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Move merengue to a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Place four ice cream sandwiches on a serving plate. Using the piping bag, "glue" sides of the ice cream sandwiches together. Repeat this twice with the remaining ice cream sandwiches.
- Pipe merengue in small dollops across the first set of ice cream sandwiches. (The sandwiches should be completely covered.) Repeat this on the other two sets of ice cream sandwiches.
- Place each set of ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until firm.
- To assemble the cake, gently pile all three frozen layers on top of each other using a spatula.
- Drizzle the peanut butter and melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle with Reese's Pieces