Shrimp tostadas are an easy-to-make crowd-pleaser
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
You have to try these crunchy and colorful shrimp tostadas! They're super easy to make and a definite crowd-pleaser.
Servings: 6 tostadas
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chopped red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 limes
- 6 corn tortillas
- pickled red onions, for garnish
- Add shrimp, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, juice of 1 1/2 limes, lemon zest and juice of two lemons, olive oil, cilantro, red onion, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Stir using a spoon until mixed.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- While shrimp mixture rests, make guacamole. Add avocados, Greek yogurt and remaining juice of 1/2 lime to a bowl and mix until well combined. Add salt to taste.
- On a pan over medium heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom and cook tortillas one at a time until crispy, about three minutes on each side.
- Top each crispy corn tortilla with guacamole then shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with pickled red onions and cilantro (optional).