These oatmeal raisin energy bites are a healthy alternative to the cookie
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Get a boost of energy from these oatmeal raisin energy bites! They're perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack after a rigorous workout.
Servings: 12 oatmeal cookie bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. (Pro tip: For easier mixing, heat up almond butter in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds before mixing.) Mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 12 small balls using your hands or a cookie dough scooper, using about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.