This heirloom tomato and beet salad is almost too pretty to eat
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This colorful heirloom tomato and beet salad is quick and easy to make! Make it an appetizer or for a light lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 cup cooked pearl barley
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large roasted beets, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Spread about 2/3 of the barley on a plate.
- Place heirloom tomato slices, beets and cherry tomatoes on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top.
- Add with the rest of the barley on top and around the tomatoes and beets.
- Garnish with parsley and basil.
- Serve right away and enjoy!