This sweet take on pizza is made with whipped ricotta and berries
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This pizza is bound to satisfy your sweet tooth. With delicious berries and fluffy whipped ricotta, this recipe will be a hit at your next garden party.
Serving size: 8 small pies
For the berry sauce:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
For the pizza:
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 batch rustic pizza dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces berries (for topping)
- 6 sprigs of basil
1. Start by preparing the berry sauce. Mix blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice and hone to a small pan over low heat. Stir and cook with the lid on until berries burst.
2. Once done, set berries in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Mix ricotta, mascarpone, 1 tablespoon of honey, and lemon zest in a food process. Mix until smooth and well-combined. Set aside and keep cool until ready to eat.
4. Next, with a pizza stone inside, preheat your oven to the highest it will go.
5. Roll out the pizza dough and divide into eight small pies. Pro tip: Sprinkle flour on your kitchen counter to keep the dough from sticking.
6. Using a fork, poke small holes into each pizza. Set pizza crusts on stone in oven and bake for 3 minutes.
7. Remove pizza crusts from the oven.
8. Spread a layer of the berry sauce across each pie. Next, spread a layer of the whipped ricotta and mascarpone mixture on top. Paint the crusts' edges with a little bit of olive oil.
9. Sprinkle pies with more berries and carefully transfer them back to the oven. Bake for 6 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and allow pizzas to cool and cheese to settle. Drizzle with more honey if you'd like and sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top.
11. Slice and enjoy!