This pasta is coated in a creamy butter sauce and topped with peas, prosciutto and burrata
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Rich and creamy, this pasta with burrata, peas and prosciutto sounds almost too good to be true.
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of chili or crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons butter cubed or melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas thawed
- 12 slices fresh prosciutto roughly torn
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- fresh watercress
- olive oil for drizzling
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as directed on box, until al dente.
- While pasta boils, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the parmesan to the eggs.
- Chop and add basil and parsley to the mixture with a pinch of salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk well.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain and put back into the original pot used to boil.
- Quickly add the egg mixture to the hot pasta and toss for 2-3 minutes so the eggs cook and form a creamy sauce.
- Add the butter and peas and toss once more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the prosciutto and toss again.
- Top your dish with burrata, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh watercress.
For more tasty pasta recipes, see the gallery below!