Make these chocolate covered strawberry 'ladybugs' for an adorable snack
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These chocolate covered "ladybugs" make the perfect snack or desert. See how easy they are to make!
- 16 oz. of fresh strawberries
- about 4 oz. of dark chocolate or chocolate melts
- candy eyes
Extra stuff you’ll need:
- wax paper
- a toothpick with a flat end on one side
- small microwaveable proof bowl
- paper towel
- Cut the leaves off of the strawberries with a straight cut.
- Cut a V out of the straight end you just cut. It will look like a heart.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to lay your "ladybugs" on.
- Shave about 4 ounces of chocolate into a small microwaveable proof bowl (or pour chocolate melts). Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute, stir and (if needed) microwave it for 30 more seconds, stir until smooth
- Dip the tips of a strawberry into the melted chocolate and immediately add two candy eyes. Lay it on the wax paper.
- Repeat with all of your strawberries.
- Dip a toothpick into the melted chocolate and add little black dots to the uncovered part of the strawberry for the dots.