Kick off March Madness with this chili served in a roll
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This rich chili in a dinner roll is a slam dunk! Serve this up for any super fan, and they'll keep coming back for more.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (16-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 2 (16-oz.) cans small red beans
- 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 16 round dinner rolls
- For toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions
- Brown beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; sprinkle with chili powder, Creole seasoning, and cumin, and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and next 2 ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Slice tops from 16 (1-oz.) hearty round dinner rolls, and then let guests hollow out centers and spoon chili into them.
For more game day recipes, see the gallery below!