Put a spin on pancakes with these lemon blueberry poppers
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These mini lemon blueberry pancake poppers are perfect for breakfasts on the go and weekend brunches with friends and family! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites.
- For pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour + 1 Tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heaping Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 lemon juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- For cream cheese Icing
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temp
- 2 Tablespoons butter cold
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- For icing:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and combine.
- Add the milk and stir. You should have the consistency of a pourable syrup.
- For the poppers:
- In a medium bowl, mix cake flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix evaporated milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and rest it for about five minutes then add egg, vanilla, melted butter and whisk until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir to combine without over mixing.
- While allowing the batter to rise, heat ebelskiver cavities with a dot of butter over medium heat.
- Fill each cavity 3/4 full with batter and push 3-4 blueberries down into the batter. Cook for one minute.
- Flip the poppers over and cook for another 1.5 minutes.
- Serve poppers with cream cheese icing.
For more breakfast recipes, see below: