NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 28: Actress Anna Kendrick attends the 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards at Madison Square Garden on January 28, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for NARAS)
Celebrity makeup artist Lisa Aharon helped Anna achieve her Grammys glow. Here's how:
1. To start off Anna’s skin prep, I used Vaseline® Intensive CareTM Essential Healing lotion, for deeply moisturized and healthy looking skin. It has a beautiful, subtle scent and melts into the skin without being greasy. For longevity and a perfect canvas, I used Tom Ford’s Foundation Primer mixed with Traceless Foundation. I like to buff the foundation into the skin with their Creme Foundation Brush, until it seemingly disappears and becomes one with the skin.
2. Brows are always next— our eyebrows act as a frame to the face so I like to groom them before shadow or anything else to see where I’m at. On Anna, I used Chantecaille’s Waterproof Brow Definer in Oak Brown and finished them with Glossier’s Boy Brow in Brown. It’s my new favorite combo for a defined full brow that still looks super natural.
3. My inspiration for Anna’s eyes came from her outfit - 90’s Cindy Crawford and Linda Evangelista kept coming to mind. I used a matte taupe in Tom Ford's Cocoa Mirage palette to create to shape and some depth in the crease and around the lash line. To make it more modern, I then blended a silver metallic shadow in 005 from Pat McGrath Labs over top. A Tarte gel liner with an angled brush was what I used to fill in the lash line on the top lid only.
4. Since the eyes were really the feature of Anna’s make up, I kept it strong with a couple coats of Chantecaille black mascara under Eylure Luxe Silk "Radiant" Lashes, the texture is super natural and they add drama without the weight. I trimmed the lashes to fit the length of the eye and then positioned them with a fine line of adhesive. I like to let the glue dry for about 30 seconds before attempting placement as they stick with ease and don’t slide around.
5. Anna’s got amazing bone structure so I don’t tend to do much contouring. I do love a rosy blush on her though! I dusted Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Euphoric Vision onto the apples of the cheeks to achieve a healthy glow.
6. I used Charlotte Tilbury’s, Nude Kate with Hourglass's Dusty Rose Lipliner in Eden. I love that neither are not too warm or cool and just look amazing with Anna’s skin tone. Setting the final look was done with Laura Mercier Translucent Powder and finishing with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light.