Best Bites: Crunchy root detox salad
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Try this healthy and texture packed crunchy root detox salad in this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- 1 cup raw broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small celery, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- 1 small beet, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- ¼ cup red cabbage, finely diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ inch ginger piece, grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin seeds)
- Add all the vegetables into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, season with salt and pepper, add the minced ginger and toss to combine.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Add the seeds, toss again to combine and serve.
Find out what your kitchen is missing below: