Cocktail of the Week: Blackberry Thyme Sparkler
Toast to the new year and a new you with this fun blackberry thyme sparkler! Check out the recipe on this episode of Cocktail of the Week.
- 1 cup blackberries + 8 for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
For the sparkler
- 4 OZ. or ½ cup of gin
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco, chilled
- 4 long sprigs of thyme
- gold baking sugar for the rim
- Bring blackberries, sugar, and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the blackberries are soft and the simple syrup has thickened and turned to a bright pink/reddish color.
- Remove from heat, drain blackberries, and allow to cool. This step can be done well in advance as the syrup will keep for at least a week in the refrigerator.
- Dip each glass into a shallow plate filled with ¼ inch water, then dip in a plate filled with gold baking sugar.
- Add 1 ounce of gin to each champagne glass.
- Drop two blackberries in each glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne or prosecco, followed by ½ ounce of homemade blackberry simple syrup. Top with a sprig of thyme in each glass.