Best Bites: Turtle Ritz cookies
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Make these quick and easy caramel filled turtle ritz cookies that will be sure to get everyone coming back for more! Check out the recipe on Best Bites.
- 12 caramels (we used Kraft)
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 22 Ritz crackers
- 4 squares chocolate almond bark
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Optional: whole pecans, sea salt
- Place caramels and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir. Continue heating and stirring at 15-second intervals until smooth. Watch carefully so that the caramel sauce doesn’t boil over or burn.
- Allow the sauce to cool and thicken, at room temperature, for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often to keep it smooth.
- Plop about 1 teaspoon of the caramel in the center of 11 Ritz crackers.
- Top each with another cracker and squish the caramel so that it spreads out.
- Place the caramel sandwiches in the fridge for an hour for the caramel to harden.
- Melt chocolate almond bark in the microwave and dip the sandwich cookies in the chocolate.
- Place them on a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and (optionally) sea salt.
- Allow the chocolate to set and harden at room temperature.
Try these dessert recipes: