Best Bites: Classic Christmas french onion tartlets
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
These tiny french onion tartlets are the perfect side dish for a bountiful Christmas feast! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells®
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 15 - 20 minutes or until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add fresh thyme leaves. Cook yet another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown and very caramelized. Add white wine and continue to cook 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. In a bowl, stir in cream cheese, egg and parsley until well combined.
- Place fillo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Fill each shell with a scant tablespoon onion mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly golden and filling is lightly browned on top. Serve warm.
Other festive recipes we love: