Best Bites: Gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Buche de Noel, panettone and fruit loaf might be the typical holiday desserts, but these gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting take the cake! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter softened
- 1/2 C Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 3/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line regular cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, sugar, butter and molasses with hand mixer on medium speed. In a different bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including the spices.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and water in 3 batches, ending with dry ingredients
- Spoon a 1/4 cup into each cupcake cups
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling racks
Cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- 1 Pkg ( 8 oz) cream cheese, soften
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth. Beat in milk 1 tsp. at a time until spreadable.
- Pipe or spread generously on top of each cupcake. Decorate with cranberries and mint.
More desserts we love below!