Best Bites: Overnight pecan pie french toast
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Looking for a dish to boost your breakfast game? Try this rich and creamy overnight pecan pie french toast! Check out the recipe on Best Bites.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 think slices of French bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, yolks, cream and vanilla, beat well and set aside. Arrange sliced bread in a large shallow bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and pecans.
- Spread this mixture evenly across the bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish. Carefully arrange the soaked bread on top. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm!
Looking for something else sweet?