Cocktail of the Week: Sparkling Fig & Thyme Cocktail
There's no doubt we're whipping up this sparkling fig and thyme cocktail this week. Made with honey, apple cider, sweet figs and tangy orange liqueur, this fall-inspired concoction is a must-have for your seasonal get-togethers. Check out the full recipe on this week's episode of Cocktail of the Week!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 7 figs, quartered
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 OZ. orange liqueur
- 2 cups champagne or prosecco
- 1-2 figs, sliced (for garnish)
- Combine the honey, water and 7 quartered figs in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and stir continuously until the honey is melted and the figs begin to soften.
- Add the thyme and let simmer for an additional 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs from the honey mixture and use a food processor, blender or immersion blender to blend into a smooth syrup.
- In a small pitcher or large spouted measuring cup, combine the apple cider and orange liqueur.
- Add four tablespoons of the fig syrup and stir. Pour into four glasses.
- Add ½ cup of champagne to each glass, then garnish with extra thyme and fig slices.