Best Bites: Traditional Thanksgiving mini sweet potato soufflés
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Try these impressively sweet yet savory minis sweet potato soufflés this Thanksgiving! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
For the soufflés
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- 4 egg whites
For the topping
- 2/3 c. walnuts roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp brown clove
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of lightly beaten egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and poke all over with a fork. Roast until tender, 50 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Scoop out flesh and transfer to a food processor along with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Add egg whites and continue to process until fluffy.
- Toss walnuts and egg whites to coat, add brown sugar and spices, coat. Put on a sprayed parchment paper-lined quarter sheet and toast in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 300F. Butter two small ramekins. Divide batter evenly and smooth tops.. Bake until puffy and completely set, 38 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle each with crumble topping. Serve immediately.
Here is what you should wear this Thanksgiving!