Best Bites: Fall brussel sprouts, squash and quinoa salad
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Try this vitamin packed brussel sprouts, squash and quinoa fall salad! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup dry quinoa
- 1 medium pomegranate, deseeded
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 small orange, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Place Brussels sprouts and butternut squash on the pan
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes
- While the vegetables are baking, rinse quinoa in a small mesh strainer. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Add 1 1/3 cups water; turn heat to high. Once boiling, cover and cook for 13-15 minutes, until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, hemp seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In the large bowl with the vegetables, add quinoa, pomegranate seeds, and pecans. Stir to combine. Pour in the dressing; stir.
Looking for other healthy meals? Try these snacks!