Best Bites: Fluffy banana bread stove top oatmeal
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Enrich your breakfast and try this fluffy banana bread oatmeal. Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2.5 cups almond milk, unsweetened* (divided into 2 cups and 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients (minus 1/2 cup almond milk) into a medium sauce pan. Turn to high medium/high heat, mix, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring consistently until oatmeal thickens.
- Add 1/2 cup more almond milk and mix again. Let simmer for 1-2 more minutes. We call this double whipped.
- Top with walnuts, bananas, and chunks of banana bread.
- Start with 2 cups and add more by the 1/4 cup.
Here's what you should buy from Amazon: