Best Bites: Cheddar, bacon, chicken and apple sandwiches
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Warm, toasty and oozing with cheese, these chicken and apple sandwiches are a perfect comfort food for the fall. Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 2 chicken cutlets or 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise, season with kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Honey Mustard Spread
- 4 slices crusty whole wheat bread or bread of choice, toasted
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Pour out and reserve the bacon grease, but don't wipe the pan clean.
- Add in the sliced apples and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, black pepper and the fresh thyme leaves.
- Sauté for approximately 2-4 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Remove the apples from the skillet and place them onto the plate with the bacon.
- Add some of the bacon grease back on and add in the chicken cutlets.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- During the last minute of cooking add the cheddar cheese to the top of the chicken and cover the skillet with a lid or piece of foil until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the Honey Mustard Spread on all 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Place the cooked chicken on 2 slices of the bread and top with the bacon and apples.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.
Check out our favorite fall flavors below: