Best Bites: Onion and kale goat cheese pizza
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This onion and kale goat cheese pizza is not only decadent, but it's easy to make at home as well! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 lb part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza dough, or store bought
- 1.5 large onions, sliced and caramelized
- 1 tbs olive oil (for caramelizing onions)
- 2 oz fresh baby kale
- 5.5 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Balsamic cream
- ½ cup Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- On a flat surface, like your kitchen counter, place some whole wheat flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto the pizza stone making sure you reach the edges. You can also use a pizza baking sheet or a cookie sheet. Repeat this with the second pizza dough.
- Place 1 lb of shredded cheese over pizza followed by the caramelized onions and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes. When baked, top the pizzas with pepper flakes, baby kale and drizzle the balsamic cream. Serve immediately.
Other fall recipes we're trying!