Best Bites: Apple pie fries
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
For a modern twist on an all-time favorite, try these apple pie "fries"! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 10 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sugar and 1 tsp Cinnamon, combined
- Sparkling Sugar
- Caramel Topping for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or use silicone mat and set aside. Allow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Pulse in food processor a couple of time to chop pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Spread apples over top of 1 crust leaving about 1/8″ uncovered at edges. Place other crust on top.
- Cut into 1/2″ strips and then cut to fry sized lengths. Beat egg in bowl until well blended. Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture. Then sprinkle with sparkling sugar to resemble salt.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Check out other fall recipes below!