Best Bites: Pumpkin pasta bake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This pumpkin pasta bake is a perfect comfort dish for the fall. Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet oven medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine ingredients until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the drained penne and stir to evenly coat noodles in the sauce. Pour into prepared dish. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl and add panko breadcrumbs.
- Stir to combine and sprinkle evenly over top of the penne. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan and chopped parsley before serving.
Check out other fall recipes we love below!