Best Bites: Overnight success overnight s'mores french toast casserole
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This overnight s'mores french toast casserole is sure to be a big hit around the breakfast table! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or whichever kind you like, toasted, chopped into 1" pieces
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate bar chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Lightly grease an 8x8" pan.
- To the pan add the bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar and pour over bread. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and let sit until egg mixture is absorbed (at least 4-5 hours or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes, until almost set.
- Sprinkle with chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers and bake for 5 minutes until marshmallows and chocolate are gooey. If desired, broil for no more than 1 minute to brown marshmallows.
- Serve warm -- no syrup needed!
Dessert recipes to indulge in: