Best Bites: Overnight success: Overnight sausage, egg & cheese breakfast casserole
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
This overnight sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole is a rich and easy-to-make crowd pleaser! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (we always use Jimmy Dean maple - so good!)
- 1 loaf Italian bread (use plain white if Italian is unavailable)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 red pepper, cut
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- Slice Italian bread into 1-inch thick slices and cut off crusts.
- Grease high-sided 9x13 baking dish and arrange bread so that it completely covers the bottom of the dish (this part is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle).
- Drain sausage and spread evenly over bread. Sprinkle cheeses evenly over bread and sausage, then add red peppers.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Pour evenly over all ingredients in pan.Let set covered in fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove covering.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until knife poked in center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Try these seasonal treats this fall: