Best Bites: Overnight success: Overnight blueberry waffle bake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Take breakfast to the next level with this rich blueberry waffle bake that you can whip up the night before! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 10 waffles (for example Eggo’s Gluten-Free Waffles or any other Eggo waffle)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Crumb Topping
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powder sugar
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon maple extract, vanilla would work nicely as well
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Let waffles sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Cut waffles in half. In a 8x10 baking pan place each waffle half cut side down. There should be two rows of 10 waffle halves in each. Pour the blueberries over the waffles, push berries in between waffles if you desire, we like it this way.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup combine milk, brown sugar, beaten eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined. Pour egg mixture over prepared waffles, lightly press down waffles into the egg mixture, so that each part of the waffle gets wet. Cover and set in the refrigerator overnight. If in a pinch, I have done this and let it sit for 4 hours, and it still comes out great.
- The next morning uncover dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make crumb topping.
- In a small mixing bowl melt butter in microwave, stir in maple syrup. Add in flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over waffles.
- Place in oven and bake 50-55 minutes. While it is baking make glaze. In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and stir together until smooth, set aside.
- Remove from oven and drizzle glaze over the bake.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Total time does not include the time the bake sits overnight.
Shop Amazon's best-selling backing tools below!