Best Bites: Cappuccino pancakes with mocha syrup
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Start your day off with these hearty and decadent cappuccino pancakes with mocha syrup. Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
Cappuccino pancakes ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder (or finely ground instant coffee)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, espresso powder, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk, and melted butter. Stir together until combined (a few lumps are okay).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated griddle and cook each side until lightly browned. Serve hot with whipped cream and mocha syrup (below).
Mocha syrup ingredients
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee (or 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir until syrup begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. May be served warm or chilled (and is especially delicious on top of ice cream).
Elevate your cooking setup with these gadgets!