Best Bites: Pumpkin spice waffles
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Wake up this fall to these toasty and spicy pumpkin waffles! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract (or 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg combined)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron according to directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil (in liquid form), both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk together until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice extract and vanilla extract and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they are white and fluffy with soft peaks.
- Carefully and gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook for approx. 3 minutes or whatever your waffle maker requires (batter will be thick)
- Top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or cinnamon if desired.
Bring home more pumpkin must-haves!