Best Bites: Caramel snickers tart
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This caramel snickers tart is a refined take on the classic snickers bar, featuring layers of salty peanuts, caramel and chocolate. Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) salted roasted peanuts, divided1
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (25g) light brown sugar1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) ice water
- Homemade salted caramel
- 8 ounces (226g) milk or semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (31g) creamy peanut butter
- Optional: chopped Snickers bar, crushed peanuts, extra caramel for topping
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Using a food processor, pulse 3/4 cup peanuts, the flour, brown sugar, and salt together until it reaches the consistency of coarse meal. Add the cubes of cold butter and pulse until the mixture turns into pea-sized crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in 3 Tablespoons of ice water. You only want to add enough water to bring the dough somewhat together.
- Using floured fingers or the bottom of a flat and lightly floured measuring cup, press the dough evenly into a 9-inch tart pan. You want it extremely tight in the pan.
- You'll need to use pie weights (we used dried beans) for the next step, so line the crust with aluminum foil or parchment paper and add pie weights. If you do not have pie weights, prick the crust a few times with a fork so no air bubbles form.
- Bake (with pie weights) for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
For the filling
- Mix the salted caramel and 1 cup of peanuts together. If the salted caramel was made ahead of time, slightly warm it so that it can easily be poured.
- Pour caramel nut filling into crust.
For the topping
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate and peanut butter together until smooth. If using the microwave, stop and stir every 15 seconds until melted.
- Spread over caramel nut filling.
- Garnish with optional toppings, if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 2-3 hours or until set.
Try these recipes this week!