Best Bites: Weeknight meals cauliflower vegetable fried rice
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie.
Try this healthy twist on the classic fried rice using cauliflower instead of rice. Check out this perfect weeknight recipe on today's episode of Best Bites!
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, greens diced
- Heat large skillet or wok over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add eggs and scramble 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add oil, onions, peas and carrots, and garlic, and cook 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add cauliflower crumbles and soy sauce. Mix well and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat, mix in scrambled egg and top with green onions.