Best Bites: Pepperoni pizza cheese football
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
It's game day, and what's better than a pepperoni pizza cheese football? Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning8 oz finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Two 5 oz bags mini pepperoni slices, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped, cooked bacon
- One 4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained and patted dry
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in half of the pepperoni slices, green onions, bacon, and pimientos.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon cheese mixture into bowl. Press mixture into bowl so that it takes on the shape of the bowl. Use the ends of the plastic wrap to wrap up the cheeseball firmly. Transfer the wrapped cheese ball to a cutting board and use your hands to shape it into a football.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and cover with remaining pepperoni, pressing gently to adhere.Serve with pretzels, bread sticks, crackers, and veggies.