Best Bites: Rhubarb 75
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. This episode was sponsored by Hilton Garden Inn.
Impress your guests with this elegant rhubarb 75 cocktail! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites presented by the Hilton Garden Inn!
- 1.5 oz gin
- .75 oz fresh squeezed/strained lemon juice
- .5 oz rhubarb syrup (recipe below)
- Chilled Champagne or Cava to top
For the syrup:
- Combine ¾ lb chopped rhubarb in a saucepan with 1 cup water, 1 cup cane sugar, and 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, then lower heat and cover.
- Let simmer gently for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in ¼ tsp orange blossom water, replace lid, and let cool to room temp.
- Refrigerate overnight, then strain with a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth-covered sieve.
- Reserve the strained, broken down rhubarb for use as a compote, and store both syrup and compote in the fridge.
For the cocktail:
- Combine all but the Champagne in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake hard for 5 seconds.
- Pour into a Champagne flute and top with chilled Champagne to taste.
- Garnish with rhubarb ribbons or a lemon twist.