Best Bites: Baked honey mustard salmon
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Honey mustard salmon in foil is a quick and easy meal to make, and what's better is that it doesn't leave a mess! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 batch honey mustard sauce (see below)
- 2 pound side of salmon, boneless
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Honey mustard sauce ingredients:
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sash of salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Or heat a grill to medium heat.
- Prepare your honey mustard sauce as directed below.
- Line a large baking sheet with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Mist the foil with cooking spray, then lay out the salmon (skin down) in the middle of the foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce on top of the salmon, and spread it around evenly so that it covers the top of the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed. (If your sheet of foil is not large enough, just place a second sheet of foil on top and fold the edges so that it forms a sealed packet.)
- Carefully transfer the packet of salmon to the grill, and grill for 12-14 minutes, or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (Cooking times will vary on the thickness of your salmon, so I recommend checking it a few minutes early if you have a thinner cut of salmon.) Carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. (Be careful, lots of hot steam will be released!) Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from the oven or grill. Sprinkle the top of the salmon evenly with parsley, and serve immediately.
- To make the honey mustard sauce: whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.