Best Bites: Cheesy Sloppy Joe sliders
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These cheesy Sloppy Joe sliders are the perfect snack for your next party! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced fine
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef (we use 80% lean)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Dark or Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 Small Hamburger Buns for serving
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese or 24 slices of cheddar cheese
- Melted butter to brush the buns with
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds for topping
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once melted, quickly add the onion and stir occasionally until translucent.
- Add the peppers and garlic and stir occasionally for 1 minute then add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon, stirring it all together.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, chili powder, and paprika.
- Stir for 30 seconds and then add the ketchup and vinegar.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes, season to taste and serve or cook up to 1 hour on low and then serve. The longer it cooks the better the flavor.
- Scoop onto buns that have been brushed with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bun bottoms in a baking dish and fill each bun half with meat and a pile of cheese.
- Place the lid on each.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the foil and bake 2 more minutes to toast the buns.