Cocktail of the Week: Amazing Mai Tai
Mai Tais are always a happy hour classic.
Made with splashes of fresh lime juice, a dash of orange Cointreau and fiery rum, this tropical-themed cocktail will take you straight from the bar to the beach. Try out this fun summer cocktail at your next happy hour!
See the full recipe below.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) dark rum
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) amber rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 teaspoon superfine granulated sugar
- 1 drop pure almond extract
- Dash of grenadine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Garnish: orange, pineapple, paper umbrellas, whatever else suits your fancy
- Shake all ingredients (except garnish) in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice cubes.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish as desired.