Best Bites: Breakfast skillet
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. This episode was sponsored by Hilton Garden Inn.
Start your day right with this healthy and hearty breakfast skillet! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites presented by the Hilton Garden Inn!
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- On a baking pan, drizzle olive oil over sweet potato cubes, sprinkle with cumin and black pepper and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- When potatoes are about halfway through baking, put some olive oil in the skillet and saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- When potatoes are done, mix well with veggies.
- Remove from heat, add tomato, and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs any way you like (we did sunny side up).
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place eggs on top and enjoy!